thoughts

Sharing is caring

August 27, 2015

Desert Island Picks: Fragrance

Every day for the last three years, I have worn a Tom Ford perfume.  I am incredibly partial to his scents (complex, long-lasting, super high quality) and the three I alternate between are:


Neroli Portofino, from the Private Blend collection, which I wear in the summer:
Neroli Portofino

Tobacco Vanille, also from the Private Blend collection, which I wear most of the rest of the year:
Tobacco Vanille


And Black Orchid, which I wear for special occasions:
BLACK ORCHID EDP


However, my hubsbind came across a scent that he LOVED recently and bought for me: Cartier's La Panthere (which comes in this incredible bottle):



And you know, this smells pretty amazing. I'm wearing it today and I keep smelling myself like "wow, yum". It's more "sophisticated" than the scents I normally choose (I hate florals, love vanilla, caramel, and spice) and La Panthere is noted to have gardenia and musk - two things I wouldn't normally expect to like. This makes me feel like a bitchy old millionaire lady which is AWESOME. Balances strength and femininity perfectly. As the day has gone on, it has mellowed out to have slightly more spice, vanilla and light powder notes.

In fact, this might be my new signature scent.... Especially if I live to be as old as my Nana (97 in October!)

No comments:

Post a Comment