thoughts

Sharing is caring

August 10, 2015

resurrected

After much thinking, pondering, second-guessing, and (finally) planning, I have decided to bring this blog back from the dead. And not just back, but back with a vengeance and (hopefully) some fun!

It started with the realization that I frequently get requests and comments from friends such as:

  • I need new music! What have you been listening to recently? 
  • What's your book club reading this month?
  • Tell me your favorite sunscreens!
  • I'm coming to Philly - where should I eat/visit/stay/go?

So I thought I'd re-shape this blog into a venue for sharing the stuff I like, try, do, and can't live without.

In the last year, I've taken up cooking, tried out multiple monthly subscription services (for snacks, clothing, accessories, beauty products, and more), read 50+ books, traveled a bunch, got VIB Rouge status at Sephora (yikes!), tried dozens of new restaurants, and re-invigorated my active search for new music.  So why not share the wealth?  I miss the structure of writing every day and think this might be a good way for me to not only get back into that, but to have fun doing it.

My plan is as follows:

  • Weekly posts about:
    • Music: playlists, new stuff, concerts, stuff to revisit
    • Fashion, skin and hair care, and cosmetic products
    • Food: what I'm making, where I like to eat, good restaurants in various cities
    • Philly: neighborhoods, stuff to see and do, seasonal, special events, small businesses, secrets
    •  And a "weekly roundup": random stuff, events, books, thoughts, musings, observations
  • Monthly posts would include:
    • Travel: in-depth descriptions of various cities and regions, along with lots of photos
    • Guests and special contributors
Some of this content will obviously come out of personal experience and preference, and lots of previous trial and error. But a lot will require research, digging, and adventuring. I want to develop a kind of "one stop shop" for lifestyle/leisure information; probably particularly interesting to those in the Philadelphia region. 

Part of my reason for wanting to do this (and not just do it, but really DO it) is the desire to get out and do more, but also to honestly share the experiences and things I enjoy with others who feel the same. I hope to be able to contribute to a more honest and positive online discourse than what I'm usually exposed to. I'm old, so I remember when the internet was this dynamic and transparent tool for information-gathering and sharing, and meeting people in a less pressured environment. I want to help bring about a tiny space that encourages that vibe.

I'm not interested in selling anything, or being a shill, or becoming a "brand". I just want to share stuff that I think is cool, with the underlying motivation of experiencing as much out of life as I can. I hope you will join in, and enjoy it!


No comments:

Post a Comment